Wednesday 7 December 2011

To Text or Not to Text?




The answer is NO.

This answer came to me in the form of a Facebook status comment. One girl on my friends list had posted: “to message or not to message?” to which a very wise friend of hers replied:

“A guy doesn’t “forget” he likes you. Put down the phone.”

Although it was not directed at me, it hit me like a frying pan to the face. I immediately put down my phone even though I wasn’t even texting at the time.

Stupid, stupid me, hours later, decided to ignore these words of wisdom and text him anyway. It was a simple “Hi, how are you” text.

I was preparing myself for the worst: no reply. Which was exactly what I got.

Lesson learned.

If he hasn’t even texted you by now, chances are he won’t again. He’s probably calling and texting his new “Flavor of the Month”, saying the same things said to sucker you in. You were not the first, and for now, you won’t be the last.

Do yourself a favor, keep your pride (and your heart) intact, and for goodness sake: put down that phone.

...til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment